Temperature vs CO2 Volumes for Serving Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

outside92129

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Following some research i did on CO2 volumes (BJCP recommended) and serving temperatures(primarily ratebeer.com) I came up with the graph below. This is extremely subjective information and i did find differing information but i tried to sort it out best I could. Comments welcome. The raw data is attached in the pdf doc.

Please note that this information is geared toward taste/beer experience and may differ significantly from the restaurant / equipment manufacturer recommendations (which seem primarily motivated in maximizing revenue). For example Micromatic recommends 38F, any warmer and the retailer loses out on the beer foam inside the keg, and any colder the retailer overfills glasses and customers buy less.

Colors in the graph mean nothing and serve only to differentiate styles. Some style names were too long for filled in colors, only the colored area is accurate.

BeerServing.jpg

View attachment BeerStylesData.pdf

Cool. It's good to know what I'm doing wrong. I like my beers cold and refreshing. Most of the time I'm way off style.

Latest posts

Back