Temperature question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisGeb

Reaction score
Hey, so I have a beer in the primary (don't use a secondary) and fermentation has been stopped for probably almost two weeks now. I was letting it go one more week until I bottled when I just discovered that someone played with my thermostat and turned it up to 80!!! The temperature of my beer right now is 75 degrees. If fermentation has stopped and I was just letting it sit an extra week is the temperature change going to affect my beer?

I know that you can cold crash and that temperature change doesn't affect the taste. What about if the temperature went up though? (I had it at about 62-65 and it went up to 75).

If someone just screwed up my beer by turning the heat WAYYY up I am not going to be happy. Thanks!

75 is fine, especially since the temp rise happened after the primary fermentation was done.

I thought it would be fine since the fermentation was done, just wanted to check. It was at like low 60's so I wasn't sure if such a jump would do anything

Back