Temperature of CO2 tank/regulator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lyacovett

Reaction score
I am having a party at our lake tomorrow. I will have beer on draft via a Beermuncher style rolling kegerator. My question is this. I keep my tank/regulator in my fridge normally. I don't know if I will be able to fit it in the insulated area with 3 kegs. Will I have to readjust my regulator with the temperature change? My brain is saying no, because the temperature of the gas shouldn't matter, once it is set to a certain pressure, it should stay there, but I'm not 100% sure.

I am having a party at our lake tomorrow. I will have beer on draft via a Beermuncher style rolling kegerator. My question is this. I keep my tank/regulator in my fridge normally. I don't know if I will be able to fit it in the insulated area with 3 kegs. Will I have to readjust my regulator with the temperature change? My brain is saying no, because the temperature of the gas shouldn't matter, once it is set to a certain pressure, it should stay there, but I'm not 100% sure.

No. The regulator will maintain the serving pressure just as your brain is telling you. The tank pressure will vary with temperature, but it will not affect the setting.

Latest posts

Back