Temperature of CO2 tank/regulator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lyacovett

Reaction score
I am having a party at our lake tomorrow. I will have beer on draft via a Beermuncher style rolling kegerator. My question is this. I keep my tank/regulator in my fridge normally. I don't know if I will be able to fit it in the insulated area with 3 kegs. Will I have to readjust my regulator with the temperature change? My brain is saying no, because the temperature of the gas shouldn't matter, once it is set to a certain pressure, it should stay there, but I'm not 100% sure.

I am having a party at our lake tomorrow. I will have beer on draft via a Beermuncher style rolling kegerator. My question is this. I keep my tank/regulator in my fridge normally. I don't know if I will be able to fit it in the insulated area with 3 kegs. Will I have to readjust my regulator with the temperature change? My brain is saying no, because the temperature of the gas shouldn't matter, once it is set to a certain pressure, it should stay there, but I'm not 100% sure.

No. The regulator will maintain the serving pressure just as your brain is telling you. The tank pressure will vary with temperature, but it will not affect the setting.

Back