temperature drop

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

higs

Reaction score
i am brewin a st peters ruby red ale kit and i maintained the temp between 18-20 deg c for about ten days then my boiler broke down and the brew temp has dropped to 11 deg c and has been sitting there for about a week, my heating is working again and i was wondering what i should do with my brew, should i sit it in a warm place for a week or so before bottling? or should i bottle it now? or is it ruined? this is only my second brew and any advice would be great:tank:

I wouldn't worry. The yeast would have gotten back to work when the temp climbed back up. Leave it a few more weeks then check the fg.

B

PS Derry, N. Ireland?

cheers birvine i thought it might have been ruined, aye derry in ireland have you been here?

cheers birvine i thought it might have been ruined, aye derry in ireland have you been here?

To Derry specifically, no, but in '90 I bicycle-toured from Larne in a SW direction then into the Rep. Loved both and would return happily. I've been working on convincing SWMBO to go.

Hope the batch turns out.

B

aye its a nice country when you can see it through the rain, cheers for the advice

The wife and I traveled with a friend for 14 days. From Shannon to Cong and all the west coast back down to Weatherford. Too many towns to remember. Beautiful country and we will go back again to see and visit more. Loved the eating establishments, they where called PUBs! We never got lost once, some of the roads just were'nt on the map we had; and the best part is at the end of the day find a pub for supper and ask about a B&B. people were always happy to help, felt just like home. Welcome aboard higs & Cheers:mug:

Back