Temperature controller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iceman6409

Reaction score
Hey all. I have a kegerator that I recently checked temperature at 30 degreesF. Somehow it froze the beer in the keg. I thought it was a fridge but I guess not. I had an old turn dial controller that I stuck the probe in the fridge and have tried to dial to several temperatures to try and warm it up to around 35. It has not worked as of this morning. I turned the controller up to 45 before I came to work this morning in hopes it will raise temperatures a bit. If it does not that tells me I may need a new controller. Any low cost recommendations these days?

Another vote for the inkbird. I have my probe zip tied to a can of beer in my keezer, I think it helps you get a more accurate and stable temp over just measuring the air temp. I've also seen people tape them to the side of a keg, or cover with some foam and tape to the side of a keg.

Cool so just put the probe in the fridge, set the desired temp and away I go?

I do that with my refrigerator in which I keep kegs as they're conditioning. If you want it to cycle less, put the probe (as @Jag75 notes) in a jar of water or similar. You set the fridge so it is on a very cold setting then let the Inkbird control when it is on and off.

Back