Temperature Controller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snickers104

Reaction score
Ok...So if I hook up an external temp controller that turns power on and off to the kegerator, do I need to disable the internal thermostat for the kegerator? This is a Danby kegerator.

If I do that wont the internal thermostat turn my compressor off? This Danby only gets down to about 40 degrees and I would like to drop the tmp to 32.

In that case, your new controller will have to be wired in where the factory control is wired - not just controlling a stock fridge via its power cord.

Andrew,

No, Junkster is correct, if you want the temperature to go below the lowest setting on the factory control then you must bypass it to keep it from shutting off the refrigerator at it's temperature. The external control must replace the internal thermostat. I originally thought that you were going to use it as a kegerator within the normal serving temperature range. Are you certain that this unit will cool as low as 32 even running full time?

Back