temp to stop carbonation after bottle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skidoobrewer

Reaction score
Ok I have the itch and want to brew some more. I was wondering at what temp can I store my beer so it stops getting carbonated, im hoping to store a few batches in my ceiler

I fermented for a little over a week then another week in a seondary, then 4 days of a cold crash. I put the whole package of priming sugar in from the kit(before)

I fermented for a little over a week then another week in a seondary, then 4 days of a cold crash. I put the whole package of priming sugar in from the kit(before) bt

How much priming sugar was it? If it was 5oz if corn sugar for a 5 gallon batch, you're probably fine. And I wouldn't trust cold temps to stop carbonation - those yeasty beasties can surprise you.

Do you think it's overcarbonated now? How long has it been in the bottle?

without a gravity readings you can be sure that fermentation was done, but it probably was. if you used the sugar that came with the kig that should be fine. try to store the beer so it won't get to hot or freeze.
not for carbination but taste.

Beer should be carbonated & conditioned at 70F or a lil better. Too cold,& the yeast go dormant & it won't carbonate. so carbonate for 3-4 weeks on average,then store at a cooler temp.

It will be 2 weeks in the bottle tommorow and been at 65f . Ive tested a few amd eavh one is getting better carbed. Head retantion is low and only lasts gor a minute, and lots of bubbles for about 2 min then it putters out and yhen yhere all gone
Just now I moved my bottles in front of my heater ( only on 70).

It will be 2 weeks in the bottle tommorow and been at 65f . Ive tested a few amd eavh one is getting better carbed. Head retantion is low and only lasts gor a minute, and lots of bubbles for about 2 min then it putters out and yhen yhere all gone
Just now I moved my bottles in front of my heater ( only on 70).

3-4 weeks at 70F will be better carbed & conditioned. A week in the fridge will give better carbonation & head. Two weeks fridge time,I've found,give thicker head & longer lasting carbonation.

Once the carbonation is where you want it could you not pasteurize it? That would stop fermentation and all you would have to worry about is keeping it at temps that wont let it get funky.

Well if there anything left im going to store in my ceiler where it's around high50's to low 60's.

After making sure they're properly carbonated,storing them at that cooler temp will be fine as long as it's not too long. Hoppy beers don't store well at lower,average ABV's.

Back