Temp to ferment at after primary is complete?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andycr

Reaction score
I have discovered I don't have to mess with ice or water to keep my fermenters at 70-72 in one room. I understand that most off-flavors are caused during the first few days, during primary fermentation. Does that mean storing it at this temperature after a primary at something lower (generally 66) won't do any harm? After all, the bottles condition at that temperature. At least, that's my reasoning - would love to have more opinions on this.

andycr said:
I have discovered I don't have to mess with ice or water to keep my fermenters at 70-72 in one room. I understand that most off-flavors are caused during the first few days, during primary fermentation. Does that mean storing it at this temperature after a primary at something lower (generally 66) won't do any harm? After all, the bottles condition at that temperature. At least, that's my reasoning - would love to have more opinions on this.

Once fermentation is done you can age at that temp. You shouldn't have any problems. Cheers.

Once the fermentation is complete, I always let my beers slowly rise to about 68-70. No worries there. Just make sure your gravity is not still dropping.

The bottles carbonate at that temp - 70ish, but condition at a much lower temp. Fridge is best if you have the space to condition your beers that are done carbonating.

Back