Temp Control ??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcb317

Reaction score
Whats the best way to maintain temp with two stages (heating and cooling)? I have a refrigerator hooked up now with a ranco 1 stage controller. So i am thinking if i replace it with a 2 stage i can use it to heat and cool, since there are often times where i would need to do both. The question is, whats the most effective way to get heat into the refrigerator? A space heater? The reason i need to do it is because in the winter my basement is in the low to mid 50s, which is too cold for ales. I also want to have control to do temp raises during fermentation of Belgians, which in the summer time i would likley need to cool in the begining of the fermentation and heat in the latter part.

Thanks for the input,
Jason

I've heard of some people use light bulbs (the tungsten type), but I'm not sure how much heat it would emit, though 80% of the wattage is heat (infra-reds). So a 100w bulb emits 80w of heat, you may try to transfer that to BTUs to compare to heaters and such.

Latest posts

Back