temp control voltage (stc1000)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

discoross

Reaction score
Hi all,

I bought an elitech stc-1000 with 110V input and "Relay contact capacity: Cool 10A/250VAC;Heat 10A/250VAC" (although the sticker says 220VAC out not 250). I live in the US, so I probably messed up.

I searched these forums and found several old threads where people said they accidentally ordered a 220V controller, but it's not clear to me if they meant they accidentally ordered a 220V input or a 220V output or both.

Since people have opened these things up and replaced transformers, and since I'm looking to do the same, I'm wondering if anyone has a suggestion for my specific scenario - 110V input, the sticker says 220V output, need to power a Sanyo 4912m.

Thanks! (I'm trying not to resurrect ancient threads)

The 110v input model is the "correct" version. The relay ratings are just that: you could run the controller on 110v while switching 220v with its output relays...

Cheers!

Back