Temp control help please

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bruhaha

Reaction score
Greetings. I use a Thermostar temp controller with good success. I have two freezers and one older fridge I use for fermentation chambers and lagering chambers.

Specifically on the fridge, I can't get the temps down below 40F. The controller has the fridge turned on, but the internal circuitry of the fridge is switching off the compressor and preventing it from operating. I have the fridge's controls at the coldest setting on freezer and fridge.

Is it possible that I can bypass the internal switching of the fridge so it will run continually? If so, this would allow the temp controller to turn the fridge on and off as demanded.

If this is possible, how will I know what to do to make this work? Is it fairly simple?

Thanks much!!

This thread may help to understand thermostat adjustments. https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=249612

You might want to try to bypass the thermostat too to keep it always on, but as stated you will need a diagram to keep it "always on".

If I can find this thermostat referenced in the link you provided, I can make a simple adjustment and not have to go the bypass route. Not sure what I am looking for, but if it looks like the ones pictures in this thread, I may be able to find it. This route seems like the most simple approach. Thanks!!

Back