Tea wine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tritonal

Reaction score
My Fiance works at a store called Teavana and gets really good discounts on bulk loose leaf teas. She has been begging me for a while now to make her a wine using the teas at her store. I've looked up a few recipes and came up with this one, tell me what you think for a half gallon batch

64oz water
1oz peach tranquility tea
1oz weight to go tea
1.5cups sugar

I plan on bringing the water to a boil adding the sugar removing the heat until it cools the the required temp of 190 to start steeping the tea. Steep until cooled to around 70~ and pitch yeast.

After a week or so move to the secondary. I have considered on the move to rack it onto 1 more ounce of each for a week before bottling to really infuse the tea flavor.

One of the questions I had was she has German Rock Sugar from work would this be a good substitute for white granulated sugar? And would I need to add a hand full of raisins or something to that effect to give the yeast proper nutrients?

In the end she is hoping for a rather smooth and sweet wine.

Prob need a tsp of yeast nutrient, and will need something for body. Either 1-2cup chopped raisins, boiled banana, or white grape concentrate. Might need to up the sugar a little depending on what you add for body. Use your hydrometer after steeping to determine if more is needed.

Good luck, keep us posted !!!!

Back