Tea sources/kinds of tea

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scientific hippie

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I had been ordering the black tea blend from getkombucha.com; it's good. I like to be able to taste the tea as well as the flavoring. Recently, I have been making Bray's 3-day mead with the recommended honeybush tea. I ordered some from https://www.tealyra.com; the shipment came with a coupon code. I went to their Web site and found that they have a lot of black and green teas, and are less expensive than kombucha.com. Four oz. of the Getkombucha black tea blend costs $24.99; if you buy three packages, they charge $50.00. I just ordered two different black teas, Tarry Lapsang Souchong Superior and Doke Black Fusion handmade, 3.5 oz. each. With the perpetual 25% off coupon code, it came out to $25.75 including shipping. I'm going to see if I like either/both of these teas. What do other folks like?

I like using a 50% black and 50% green. Lately I've been using the bulk bin tea at Woodmans for $19.04 a pound. I get the Irish breakfast blend when they have it or the English breakfast when they don't for the black and I really enjoy the Gun powder green tea. I picked the ones I can drink hot without a sweetener or with very little. I package mine at the point of still having tea flavor and tart. Sometimes the tea flavor gose away in secondary.

My fave is Herbalcom.com. They basically sell everything by the pound so it's great for stocking up. I get my green tea, stevia, hibiscus, etc from them. My next order will probably include oolong since I'll be starting to make booch then.

I had been ordering the black tea blend from getkombucha.com; it's good. I like to be able to taste the tea as well as the flavoring. Recently, I have been making Bray's 3-day mead with the recommended honeybush tea. I ordered some from https://www.tealyra.com; the shipment came with a coupon code. I went to their Web site and found that they have a lot of black and green teas, and are less expensive than kombucha.com. Four oz. of the Getkombucha black tea blend costs $24.99; if you buy three packages, they charge $50.00. I just ordered two different black teas, Tarry Lapsang Souchong Superior and Doke Black Fusion handmade, 3.5 oz. each. With the perpetual 25% off coupon code, it came out to $25.75 including shipping. I'm going to see if I like either/both of these teas. What do other folks like?
I have been brewing my own kombucha for a few years, but it seemed that something was missing from mine that I tasted in other kombuchas. I recently bought a new batch of black tea imported from India and I immediately noticed a big improvement. I can't say what my old tea was, but it was a rather large container that I got from a relative. I have no idea how old it was or what quality it was, but the new tea definitely made for a big improvement.

Latest posts

Back