Tea Kettle question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeachBumDeac

Reaction score
This probably belongs in the beginner's forum, but since it's kind of an "equipment" question figured I'd ask this incredibly stupid question...

I bought a tea kettle to use for some countertop partial mashing... when the whistle goes off, that means it's boiling right? So if I'm going for 170, I should use it before it whistles?

ma2brew said:
Yup.I plan on ordering a couple of These waterproof thermometers from Target come payday. For the price I think I can afford to have a backup on hand.

this may not apply to you, but I found the same model at Linen and Things, locally (the last one on display!). It is unfortunate that the Target stores do not carry that model, I checked.

beergears said:
this may not apply to you, but I found the same model at Linen and Things, locally (the last one on display!). It is unfortunate that the Target stores do not carry that model, I checked.
My Target doesn't stock it either. I'll be ordering mine online.

Back