Tasty's Janet's Brown. Ish.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bad coffee

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hey all,
I'm looking at doing a batch of Tasty McDole's Janet's Brown. Also, I'm trying to go through all the grain/hops I have stockpiled around here, so there's some subs. Here's what I came up with:

12# light Munich
1.25 # C40
1.25# CaraPils
1# wheat
.25# chocolate

.375 oz Simcoe 12.2 Mash hop
.5 oz " 60 min
.5 oz " 15
2 oz Cascade 4.6 10 min
2 oz Cascade 0

2 oz Centennial Dry hop 7 days.

Will the munich throw off the flavor too far? I'm out of pale/2row, so it's either Pils, Munich, or MO. I'm doing a 90 minute boil, so I could use the pils without a problem

Is the 4oz of cascade going to be too much greenery at the end? Should I cut it down to the 1 oz each the original recipe calls for and forget about the IBU's?

I have a batch of BM's C3C that I added a pound of ginger to going right nwo with some S-05. I'm thinking of washing a bit of the yeast from that and repitching it for this brew. If it smells too much like ginger I'll pop open a fresh pack and fire up a starter.

Any suggestions or glaring problems with the recipe?

Thanks
B

Yep 12oz in the boil and 4 oz at 10 minutes.

Last time it took almost 3 months to mellow out, but that had 26oz. . . I'm hoping this one is drinkable by the 17th of Sep.

Latest posts

Back