Tasted my first beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmbauer

Reaction score
The waiting is over, I finally got to taste my first beer! I tried one a little bit early (8 days after bottling), so I am hoping/expecting it to get a little bit better, however so far it is ok. Not my favorite but it tastes like beer. Hopefully if I let the rest of the bottles sit for another week or so it will get even better.

I made a northern brewer irish red ale. It has great color and carbonation (although it could be a tiny bit more carbonated....). My only concern is that the malt taste is a bit overwhelming. I dont know what changes in a beer as it has some time to bottle condition, but I am hoping that that changes a little bit. If not, I have a few more beers in the pipeline.

It's official guys, I am hooked! Thanks for all the help and advice!

I just cracked my first one today, a blue moon clone. Sat in the primary for 3 weeks and bottled for 2. It turned out awesome and I am already looking for another recipe to brew!

The waiting is over, I finally got to taste my first beer! I tried one a little bit early (8 days after bottling), so I am hoping/expecting it to get a little bit better, however so far it is ok. Not my favorite but it tastes like beer. Hopefully if I let the rest of the bottles sit for another week or so it will get even better.
I'm sure it will get better. And there's nothing wrong with tasting early. I always do that, the last bottle I fill typically ends up with lots of trub and/or isn't filled all the way anyway. It will help you develop a taste for what green beer tastes like, and later you will be able to judge whether or not a beer is ready. (at least, that's how I rationalize my impatience)

Back