Taste-Pig vs. Bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reedequine

Reaction score
My first ever batch, a German Ale was finally ready yesterday. Half went into bottles and half into a Party Pig. It seems to me that the beer out of the pig is noticably more bitter than the beer that was bottled. Is there a reason for this? It all came from the same 5 gallon primed batch.

did you siphon from a fermentor into your pig or did you siphon from a fermentor into a bucket then into bottles and the pig?

If ya went straight fromthe fermentor into the pig the from the fermentor into a bucket then bottles I'm guessing the part closer to your trub had more hoppiness then the part near the top of the fermentor. I'd also guess that if ya did go from fermentor to pig you filled the pig first and then the left overs went to the bucket and then bottles

other then that I dunno

Sorry, but I don't have any insight to this. I am, however, still laughing from the "taste-pig" part of the thread title. :D That is just begging to be part of a Your Momma joke......

Are the carbonation levels similar? Even though both bottles & pig were primed the same, they won't carbonate at the same rate. Many people perceive lower carb levels as more bitter.

Back