Tapped my first keg, problem...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EKennett

Reaction score
Hey all, I just tapped my first corney of homebrew and I'm having a problem I'm hoping you can help me with.

First off, I've been using my kegerator to serve commercial beer for a few months so I'm sure that's not the problem.

I racked my beer off the primary straight into the keg then carbed with priming sugar. I sealed the lid with CO2 and let it sit for 2 weeks. Now it's in the kegerator hooked up to gas. I connected the beer line last night and when I open the faucet I get an intermittent flow of gas with the occasional burp of beer foam. It seems beer isn't flowing into the line.

Could it be that the dip tube is clogged with sediment? If so, how does one combat this without upsetting the beer? Thanks for the help.

~Eric

You can release the pressure from the keg, remove the 'out' poppet and pull out the dip tube. You can then inspect it to see if there is a blockage.

If the beer line was on the IN or the dip tubes were swapped inside the cornie, this is what would happen. But, it could just be a clog.

Figured out the problem... I'm a stupid-ass and had the posts on the keg backwards. I don't know how I was able to connect the lines but they were on there. Switched the posts, hooked it all back up and it's good to go.

I am now a successful homebrewer :ban:

Back