Tap not dispensing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff20578

Reaction score
Hooked up a new brew yesterday at 30psi. When to check on it today, lower psi and get a sample and I get nothing from faucet!? I had another beer on that line a few days ago with no issues. I am thinking the dry hops in primary might have clogged the tube.
What’s the process for removing the tube after carbonation has already been started? Thx

Yea, it’s a pain to swap the ball lock fittings (on the line not on the keg) but pushing co2 thru the liquid line may clear it.

Worst case you can depressurize and disassemble the liquid out fitting on the keg. The clog is most likely inside the spring in there. If you have a standard pickup line, you can also pull it out from there. You will get some oxygen in the beer, but it’s better than not having beer at all.

I would work quickly and not jostle the keg at all or you could end up with a nice fountain of beer shooting out the top

I tried blowing out the beer tube with the co2. I now get a burst a beer right when attached and a slow dribble at faucet.

Ok, I disconnected the poppet and removed all the hops in it - working good now! Question - do I need to restart the whole carb method again?

I had this happen recently with a heady topper clone. I ended up transferring the beer to a sanitized fermenter, took the beer out apart, cleaned it and the keg, put everything back together, sanitized, and transferred the beer back into the keg.

I lost about a half gallon (maybe more) and probably added some oxygen, but at least I've still got beer.

I had this happen with a heavily dry hopped triple IPA. I ultimately had to rack from the keg into another keg and problem solved. Reversing the lines should clear up a clog, but if you have sediment suspended, it may settle and clog the pickup tube again.

Latest posts

Back