Tap location question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

colinwollmann

Reaction score
I'm currently converting a spare fridge into a kegerator and was wondering if I should run my taps through the door or out the side?I've seen both on pics you guys got posted on the forum.I was planning to go through the door ,but you guys got me thinkin about goin through the side.So I'm a bit unsure of what to do.

So,help a guy out ya'll tell me which is better..:confused: :confused:

Usually going through the door is safer since there most likely will not be any coolant lines in the door. If you go through the side and accidentally hit a coolant line, you'll need a new fridge.

colinwollmann said:
I'm currently converting a spare fridge into a kegerator and was wondering if I should run my taps through the door or out the side?I've seen both on pics you guys got posted on the forum.I was planning to go through the door ,but you guys got me thinkin about goin through the side.So I'm a bit unsure of what to do.

So,help a guy out ya'll tell me which is better..:confused: :confused:
It would be safer to go out the front. Depending on the fridge I there's a possibility you can hit a cooling line, then you have trouble.

Just finished mine last night, and I went through the door.

I went through the door because of the coolant lines (not knowing where they would be located in a circa 1950 fridge), and because the taps are more accessible for me in that location.

Kevin

If you ever need to move the fridge you will be safer using the door. ie no chance of interference with a wall.

Back