Tap Handles

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

RockfordWhite

Reaction score
Don't some of the european tap handles have different threads or something? i remember seeing an extension somewhere but i can't find it right now...

Ben25

Reaction score
If you can get the threads out you can replace them with the right size (mine are 3/8).

Here are the tap handles I just made. They're almost done, just need to be polished.

I used a 3/8 coupler nut hammered into the end.

You could drill out your threads and either epoxy in a coupler nut, or get a hilti 3/8 concrete anchor and set it in there.

MoRoToRiUm

Reaction score
Wow Ben- Do plumbing by chance? Nice handles- I'm just wondering how heavy they are :)

Sir Humpsalot

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
If you can get the threads out you can replace them with the right size (mine are 3/8).

Here are the tap handles I just made. They're almost done, just need to be polished.

I used a 3/8 coupler nut hammered into the end.

You could drill out your threads and either epoxy in a coupler nut, or get a hilti 3/8 concrete anchor and set it in there.
Wow neat! I really like those!!! Another possibility that's pretty common is to go to a lumber/home store and purches chair legs. You can cut them down a little as necessary, drill them out, then add in a T nut to screw it onto the faucet.

Brewsmith

Home brewing moogerfooger
Reaction score
Those look more like pipe bombs to me! :D

...not that I would know about those things...;)

Ben25

Reaction score
I actually don't do any plumbing... just saw some pipes and thought it would look cool. They really aren't that heavy, maybe a couple pounds at most. I didn't even think about chair legs, maybe I'll try that next, just to have some variation.

Latest posts