Tap adjustment question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beer-lord

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I've got a tri-tap and went to remove the tap from the tower to do a cleaning. I didn't break it but the piece that the tap attaches to (that is attached to the tower) is loose and I don't know how to tighten it.
Is there a way to remove the very top of the tower......the round cap that covers the tower to tighten the post? I don't want to have to unscrew the tower and remove the hoses to tighten it. Luckily, it doesn't leak so I can use it until I figure this out.
The arrow is pointing to the area that is loose. Sorry for the crappy pic.

Capture.JPG

The cap on the top of the tower should be able to lift off. They are not normally held down by anything other than gravity. This gives you access to the shanks (the part that is loose).
On the inside of the tower will be a nut to tighten the shank back down to the tower. You will probably need to get a tower nut wrench due to the tight space inside the tower, here is an example.
http://www.beveragefactory.com/draftbeer/faucets/tools/D8ES-CB.shtml

Good luck!

Latest posts

Back