Tap-a-draft

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rick689

Reaction score
For those who were following my thread about a converting from a 16 gram cartridge to a paint tank I want to apologize I took a general discussion and over time twisted it into a advertisement. That was not my intent but that is why the thread was removed for advertising in the forum.
For those who gave me your input and the courage to take a simple idea and make it into something Thank You.
Sincerely
Richard

Me too Mrk305 but I am toying with the Idea of paying for advertising. I bought alot of parts thinking I could sell 10 or 15. but first i'm going to see how things work out at my local brewers supply store if that doesn't work then i'm going to give them to my son to make a erector set lol.

I picked up a tap a draft conversion system on ebay and I'm planning on using it with the Miller/Coors home draft system. Since my beer is not quite ready, I've ran some leakage tests with water and so far so good. I'm excited to use it with my beer. I also purchased a 3 liter soda bottle from the dollar store. The tap fits and no leaks were present. This is a nice alternative since I only have one fridge and I can utilize my CO2 tank (in my case a paintball tank attached to a regular via an adapter). I can also put it in my soft cooler and bring it with me to a friend's house or to kickball games. Yes, some adults in WI play kickball. Of course, adults in WI also drink while playing kickball.

I got a Warning for you JCdouglas don't forget to lock your handling in place each time. My kid went to get a gallon of milk and hit the handle next thing I know my last gallon on wheat is on the floor. I'm thinking about adding some sort of spring system so that the handle always pulls back and shuts off. I'll let you know how it works

I got a Warning for you JCdouglas don't forget to lock your handling in place each time. My kid went to get a gallon of milk and hit the handle next thing I know my last gallon on wheat is on the floor. I'm thinking about adding some sort of spring system so that the handle always pulls back and shuts off. I'll let you know how it works

I started using a rubber band to make sure the tap stays closed.

The funny part is that its probably cheaper to get a Bmc homedraft drink it and use it, the catch is those co2 diferences? Iv'e only been half assed following this, but am considering getting one to try out. Ive also seen some small sized co2 cannisters being sold but looks like they are 80 bucks.I dont understand why the 2.5 gallon canisters are not good for force carbing and only releasing the beer. Like the ones midwest sells.

What are people filling thier Tap-a-drafts with this weekend:mug: I have a Lime wheat in mine to share with Family over the weekend

Hello to all, new to the forum and I found this thread. I would like to share a bit here and see if anyone else is doing this. Due to space living in an apartment, I have acquired a small fridge to Hold my Tap a draft(s). I am unable to have full size kegging systems to I have used the 6L ones with success. I have recently used the adapter that is available to avoid the CO2 cartridges, could add up quickly. I am graduating to 3 taps total that fit in my fridge to have one for the wife, a light and dark brew! Currently I have a Hard lemonade, hard limeade and Cream Ale for summer chillin quite nicely! Below are my pics of the unit with two bottles and pic with a third bottle that fits on top. The CO2 bottle fits perfectly in the 'vegetable' section of the fridge out of the way and I can keep the door storage instead of removing it to make other kegs fit, this gives me the ability to have a nice little variety on hand!

:mug:

2012-05-28 22.14.50.jpg

2012-05-28 22.15.49.jpg

Ihv4boys
Wow 3 taps in one mini fridge that's assume! Are you able to force carbonate with your system too? That's one thing about the Tap a draft system is to force carbonate you burn up at least 2 cartridges if your cap leaked during bottling and your left with a flat beer.

I have force carbonated with this system. Started with the limeade, did very well,but still learning about that for beer...but with the bigger co2 tank and a bit of a mod to the BMC tap handle found on the web, I am enjoying this ability to never worry about flat beer, also I can make soft drinks and carbonate them for those times we need the DD hahaha:drunk:.

Very Cool it sounds like a pretty nice system you have did you make or buy the system? The fittings look streamlined and compacted. What mods to the handle are you talking about?

Back