Taking Pictures

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nalidixic

Reaction score
Hey,

I have a habit of taking pictures of my brewing and beer to go along with my notes.

Anyone else do this?

nope; not sure what I would take a picture of that would replace what I could describe with measurements, numbers, or words.

I used to take many a photo of the process - I slacked off lately, even with note taking.. I need to get back on that...

I photograph the finished product in the glass and add it to the BeerSmith recipe page, that's it

I try to take pics but I often forget to. I really wish I took more as friends and forum members often have questions and a photo goes a long way to explaining things.

I was thinking....

I have an old video camera and DVD recorder. In 5 hour mode I could record a video with time stamp. Then rip the DVD into the computer.

Then when I wondered how long the finishing hops were really in the kettle before flame out, or chilling was complete... I could quickly scan the video and note the time stamps.

Or.... maybe I should just take better notes on brew day. ;)

I just started using BS2 not too long ago. I'm waiting for some BS beers to be ready to take pics of them. I think it's neat that you can replace the graphic glass to the right of the recipe with your own! Now that's cool!

It's funny you say this; I was just thinking how my phone takes crappy pictures and how much better my pic's were when I used the Canon. This thread doesn't have enough pictures?

2013-03-02_16-21-54_246.jpg

Back