Taking ingredients with you (Okinawa Japan)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkpenrod

Reaction score
I just found out that I am going to be moving to Okinawa for work at the end of May. I have quite a bit of sealed DME, Specialty Grains and Hops that I am faced with either getting rid of before I go or taking with me. I am wondering if it is possible to take these things with me and if so is it something that should be shipped or should I throw it in my bag for the flight?

I'd box it up and ship it. From what I understand, and the posts from people in Japan, it can be difficult to find ingredients there.

I'd box it up and ship it. From what I understand, and the posts from people in Japan, it can be difficult to find ingredients there.

Yes,had just assumed I was going to take a hiatus from brewing while over there because I thought it would be too difficult to get ingredients. Now I am just curious if it is too difficult to ship the stuff to myself or if there are any restrictions.

Hey Japan brewers. I have about 50 19L Korny Kegs for sale. Ball lock valves. All in working order. All used but perfectly fine and clean. I am selling them for 10,000 yen per keg including delivery to anywhere in Japan.

Latest posts

Back