Syracuse, ny - round 6 group grain buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Added a couple of splits:

CM-RYEM (rye malt) 1/4
CM-WHET (wheat malt) 1/3

I can probably be flexible on split sizes, just thought I would open them to see if there was any interest. Also ordered on sack of CM-SPIL and will no doubt add some before this thing closes. Thanks to all of you that are taking the time to organize these buys! :mug:

Added a couple of splits:

CM-RYEM (rye malt) 1/4
CM-WHET (wheat malt) 1/3

I can probably be flexible on split sizes, just thought I would open them to see if there was any interest. Also ordered on sack of CM-SPIL and will no doubt add some before this thing closes. Thanks to all of you that are taking the time to organize these buys! :mug:

Sounds good - good to see you back as well zeno! I will probably jump on your wheat split, or will go for a full bag :) TBD

Slow down ladies, we dont want to be doing a december grain shipment. : )

Haha I know it!

Well I was saying that the only way I would take a shipment at my place before spring is if we have 3 full pallets. In lieu of that happening someone else would have to step up and accept it.

All that said I would be pretty shocked if we filled this order with even 2 pallets in less than 2 months. I think this last buy took us at least that and a lot of folks stocked up pretty good.

yeah, i dont need anything... espically since i wont be brewing all that much.. i figure if i could get the flaked barley... since my buddy wants more of the Guinness clone...

so 20 gallons of that will be made soon w/ 8lbs of flaked barley haha

Other than that im pretty much set on everything minus kegs!

Of course did mean to discourage the order :D press on good friends! I might get on your FL-Barely too, since my nitro tap will be in soon...

Of course did mean to discourage the order :D press on good friends! I might get on your FL-Barely too, since my nitro tap will be in soon...

yeah.... i think once i get everything paided off ill be investing in a nitro tap.. :)

let me know how it goes!

yeah.... i think once i get everything paided off ill be investing in a nitro tap.. :)

let me know how it goes!

Once I dial it in, I am sure I will always keep a stout on the nitro! Looks like I will have to rebrew my Guinness clone (luckily I got in on 1/2 bag of FL barely in a previous order to hold me over). I do think I am going to slightly increase the ABV next time around. I just hope I get all the hardware for set up before the turkey day break.

I don't really need any grain yet, I submitted stuff based on what I think I'll need by the time this is finalized. I'll be adjusting it down the road.

I'm in no rush. I'd love to see this close in the spring, or at least when it starts to get a bit warmer (brewin' outside).

I'm in no rush. I'd love to see this close in the spring, or at least when it starts to get a bit warmer (brewin' outside).

Same here. I did think about doing a brew day today when I got home, but it was raining and cold, and I'm a wimp.

I've got 2row, MO, Pils, Vienna, c15, c40, c60, chocolate, flaked wheat, flaked rice, cara pils, rye, wheat, amber, munich, and misc other odds and ends!

I will try to brew on Saturday, hopefully outdoors. Thinking about staying on the English beer theme with a Nut Brown Ale.

Crap, already going through all this grain! Well mostly because I share/sell it between 3-4 of my friends that brew! Sooooo I'm going to pony up more for my next order...

Added the following to my order:

1x TF-MOPA
1x BD-PALE
1x CM-2ROW

Also updated sheet so partials are included in pricing est. Makes it easier to see how far you are in (the hole). If splits arent closed by order, we will just zero them out to correct pricing.

Jeff B

Very cool! Good to see we are getting "regulars" haha.

Any more interest on those kegs? Ask around, or we can let this sit for a bit. It would be sweet if we could get to ~100 and let mparsons go renegotiate :)

Very cool! Good to see we are getting "regulars" haha.

Any more interest on those kegs? Ask around, or we can let this sit for a bit. It would be sweet if we could get to ~100 and let mparsons go renegotiate :)

I am also looking into an alternative. Will let you folks know the particulars if it becomes possible. Nothing like multiple sources to drive a better deal.

Entered 1 CM2row to the spreadsheet. I am sure to add more as time moves on and will be watching the splits.

Jeff the sheet for ordering looks funny - it only shows my name - can you check it out?

disregard! - looks like it worked itself out the second time I opened it.

hey cidah, is it alright if i drop that stuff off tomorrow, im just getting pressed for time today.. and have not completed my tasks... lol

would it be alright if i meet up with you at your work and drop that stuff off (say when you get out or lunch time?)

hey cidah, is it alright if i drop that stuff off tomorrow, im just getting pressed for time today.. and have not completed my tasks... lol

would it be alright if i meet up with you at your work and drop that stuff off (say when you get out or lunch time?)

yeah that is possible. If you are pressed for time don't sweat it.

yeah that is possible. If you are pressed for time don't sweat it.

welll im trying to get everything done today.. that way tomorrow i can kinda take it easy before i leave.. im pretty much all set to go.. i just need to finish packing and stuff.. so tomorrow will be pretty laid back

cidah i can bring that stuff to you during lunch or after work.. let me know what works best...

I bottled up the cider and pulled out the key for you...

im pretty much done with everything other than packing so... let me know

Awesome and not bad at all. I wish I had the cash to grab it... but right now my new taps and nitro system are keeping me from running with that. You will have to let us know how it works, is this is something I will want to do in the future.

I actually said screw it and tried to buy it... no more left!!!

cidah i can bring that stuff to you during lunch or after work.. let me know what works best...

I bottled up the cider and pulled out the key for you...

im pretty much done with everything other than packing so... let me know

Yeah that should work out fine. Thanks!

We could shoot for 12pm? I am playing a bit of catch up today, so I will probably have to grab and go. Let me know if another time works better.

I go away for a few days and you guys post like crazy and tally up all sorts of orders for grain and kegs... I love it!

I'll update my numbers tomorrow when I'm not on my phone. I'll definitely double my keg order if we get the price down.

depending on the way your set up is.. gap it to 0.038" (this is a good number to start at to dial it in (not to get stuck sparges but still great eff)

Back