syphon tubing and oxi clean

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

salb29

Reaction score
I left my syphon tube in the oxi clean while I was cleaning a bucket, I forgot about it and it was left in there for like 4 hours, I pulled it out and it has an off white color to it instead of being clear, is it still okay to use? Or just buy a new one. Thanks

I have heard of people using oxiclean on bottles to get labels off but not used on tubing. I am not sure what the effect would be. Better to be safe and get a new piece of tubing.

I have the same issue with my siphon tube, but still use it and have not noticed any ill effects to the beer. As long as well rinsed, should be fine.

Just rinse it out well with water, then soak in some Star San and that should clear it up.

I wouldn't worry about it. I've been cleaning my tubing in Oxiclean for years and have never had any ill effects.

Sanitize it and hang it to dry. It may clear up. My tubing turns white if i soak it too long. When it dries it clears up.

Back