Sydney, Australia

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GregR

Reaction score
I'll be taking a trip to the land down under early January for about 2 weeks. what are the must see's as far a beer/breweries are concerned? I'm trying to get some of the trip planned (but will also just be playing a bunch of it by ear so if you have any suggestions for other cities as well I'd love to hear them. thanks guys!

Redoak brewery 201 Clarence Street , Lord Nelson the rock area Lowenbrau also has a pub there. James Squire has a place on king street on the Wharf but you can get his beer just about anywhere , I was there in 2008 . There are a lot of pubs and one thing don't get drunk they don't tolerate it there I saw several people that were part of our company turned away because the doorman felt they had to much.

that place looks awesome! hopefully I make it that far over. if I do I'll for sure go there.

If you do, tell Grumpy Andrew, Boo Boo sent you.
A few years back, they used to run a nice forum, until trolls forced them to give it up.
A lot of rave reviews on their beer over the years. :mug:

Just make sure you fly to Sydney Australia, and NOT Sydney, Nove Scotia. LOL. Always see a story in the local newspaper back home at least once a year or so about ppl landing there instead of Australia. Quite the shocker when they land and step off the plane back home....hahahahhaa.

Have a good trip...:mug:

Just make sure you fly to Sydney Australia, and NOT Sydney, Nove Scotia. LOL. Always see a story in the local newspaper back home at least once a year or so about ppl landing there instead of Australia. Quite the shocker when they land and step off the plane back home....hahahahhaa.

Have a good trip...:mug:

that would be horrible! but this ticket is for sure to Sydney Australia...

Ancient thead I know, but I will be in Syndey in a few weeks. Any updates on great breweries/brew pubs to visit there?

Gotta stop by Lord Nelson Brewery Hotel. Good beer, cool place. Short walk from the harbor and opera. Wife and I stayed a few nights there about 10 years ago.

I was in Sydney this past Jan-Feb and agree Lord Nelson Brewery Hotel as a great place to visit. They offer seasonal ales as well so you always have lots of choice. Food portions are large and well worth the money. They also have a glassed in viewing (brewing) area at the far end of the bar, so you can enjoy a pint, good food and watch the process at the same time.
As a side note it can be very busy at times due to bus tour visitors so your wait times can be lengthy.

Last edited:
Chilly & rainy today in Sydney. Good day to sit in a pub and sample a few local brews. Based on a local's recommendation we visited the Royal Albert Hotel Pub today...good call. Lots of interesting brews on tap including a few brett sours and a couple of wild yeast brews.

https://royalalberthotel.com.au/beer/

Attachments

• 20181004_122741.jpg
    20181004_122741.jpg
    1,013.4 KB · Views: 13
Just Sydney area this trip. Last day here. Fly out to Kathmandu tonight.

Having a beer at The Horse in Surry Hills now.

One of the stranger things about my first trip down under is all the 70-80s USA rock/pop music. Ive heard more Michael Jackson in 10 days than in the past 15 years. Whats up w that? Dont Aussie's have their own music?

(Oddly, Belize plays the same era of music all the time too...except there you are subjected to lots of Punta Rock too.)

Good link. We at least tried beer by most of these. Visited 4 Pines in Manly several times...good stuff.

Back