Swollen Imperial Yeast pouch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beer-lord

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I don't want to crap on Morebeer but the last 2 orders have been problematic. This time I placed an order on a Friday but mentioned not to ship until after the weekend and I paid for 2 ice packs. Well, they shipped it on Friday anyway. FedEx is partially guilty too because they were a day late (they've sucked with 90% of delivery times at my office too and UPS is finally looking good now).
I do hate bitching because I know Covid has thrown everyone a huge curve ball so I've not complained to MB. It's the Flagship yeast and is hardy so I think I'll just make a starter with it now and see how it looks, tastes and smells and move on. It's about half swollen.
Anyone else have any luck with swollen Imperial packs? I did write them to see what they think and am waiting to hear back.

Write to MB, too. Every issue I've had with them was amended quickly with no hesitation.

Once, I mentioned an externally scratched fermenter as an aside to my real complaint, a leaky bottle filler. I had no intention for them to replace it, it was already filled with fermenting beer. Along with sending a new bottle filler, they gave me a $5 credit and a discount code for a subsequent purchase.

I figure they can't improve QC if they don't hear the complaint. If they make good on your yeast, all the better.

Back