SWMBO wants a beer.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iparks81

Reaction score
SWMBO wants a easy drinking fruit beer,
sooooo about 3 weeks ago we brewed an extract batch with some sweet orange peel and pineapple
( I now know about the pinapple and the enzyme effects it can have on beer)
boiled the sweet orange and steeped the pineapple, and put in primary.

I wanted to be sure this beer would come out clear so I used Her batch to experiment with Polyclar...
From what I have read, the polyclar can strip chill haze from beer, but my question is can it strip some flavoring from fruit..

the reason for this question is, I transfered to secondrary (I normally dont) after I pitched the polyclar a few days later I pulled some beer out of the carboy with a baster and the fruit flavor had diminised considerably....

anyone use polycar with a fruit beer...anyone have similar issues
and if so, can I, for lack of a better term (dry hop) with fruit in the keg without using campden tabs to bring some of the fruitflavor back
cheers.

Fook all the above. Just tell her you are making a brew espessially for her and her alone. You named your brew for her and there is no other like it in the world. Tell her the HBT people want your recipe,but NO DEAL! This is hers and hers alone. Nights will be good for you, grasshopper.........

hah yes!...I like the way you think!
like I said, using her Beer to Expriment with the Polyclar...Wink Wink...not going to guinea pig one of my beers!!!!

da Vinci Italian syrups. Drizzle a little around the rim of the glass and add beer. This works so well that the next wife-beer will just be a straight wheat and we will dose each pint with different syrups.

da Vinci Italian syrups. Drizzle a little around the rim of the glass and add beer. This works so well that the next wife-beer will just be a straight wheat and we will dose each pint with different syrups.

Ohhhhhhhh crafty. This way, we don't have to f*** up a perfectly good Hefe by adding pomegranet, appricot or some other stupid fruit to get the SWMBO liquored up. :mug:

I don't know about polyclar, but I made a pineapple beer once. Didn't taste like pineapple at all, but I only put about 2 lbs worth into it. That could be art of the problem? I'd say with anything like that you would run the risk of pulling out some flavors, similar to how filtering can do the same.

Latest posts

Back