SWMBO Pissed me off

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MULE

Reaction score
So, I bought a sixer of DFH 60 minute IPA, 18pk of Bud swill, and four bottles of good wine for my small party this weekend. She has plenty of wine left and I was able to save two of my IPA's.

Although I admire her taste in beer, she drank them both. Aint that some ****?

I am out of home brew and now I am drinking the swill.

vent:(

If your SWMBO likes good beer, I'd wouldn't be complaining at all. In the future ensure that your cheap swill is a good beer, and you won't be as upset.

McKBrew said:
If your SWMBO likes good beer, I'd wouldn't be complaining at all. In the future ensure that your cheap swill is a good beer, and you won't be as upset.
Realizing that I have won the war, I just lost this battle.

MULE said:
So, I bought a sixer of DFH 60 minute IPA, 18pk of Bud swill, and four bottles of good wine for my small party this weekend. She has plenty of wine left and I was able to save two of my IPA's.

Although I admire her taste in beer, she drank them both. Aint that some ****?

I am out of home brew and now I am drinking the swill.

vent:(

SOunds like SWMBO is good and liquered up. Quitjerbitchin, sieze the moment, and get to work ;)

the_bird said:
When my wife gets a couple drinks in her, she gets frisky. She can drink whatever the hell she wants!

Same here. My wife is welcome to drink my beer anytime. :tank:

The key here is to have plenty of your homebrew on hand at all times. I keep my beer fridge filled---and in a couple days, I'll also have a kegerator filled. Then, make up a "beer menu" of the stuff she may encounter (my wife can never remember how to decipher the bottle cap codes I use). If something out of the ordinary comes around that's not on the MHBC code menu, she'll usually revert to one of her favorite homebrews if I'm not around, mainly because she knows that I often get brews from other people in swaps and might only have one of each.

If you give her plenty of quality homebrew to drink, then it's less likely she'll go into your special bottles...but it's like others said, if your wife likes good beer, then you're 95% of the way there. Getting her to sign off on a marathon brewday is a lot more difficult if she has no interest in consuming the fruits of that day...

I think my SWMBO could drink me under the table. No foolin. And she isn't a big drinker! Seriously, I don't get it. :confused:

Anyways, yeah it's great she loves good brew!

Orpheus said:
MULE,

Judging from your sig quote, sounds like you got revenge on her anyways!

If you're really hurting, you're welcome to come fill a growler!:mug:

Just got back to this thread. Thanks for the offer. I am bottling today and brewing tomorrow so I should be good soon enough. :rockin:

I'm thinking about picking up a few carboys this weekend to keep love going.

Back