SWMBO new ride

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yooper, why former RT? You didn't like it? The schooling was pretty brutal for her so I figured she deserves a comfortable ride with a long commute after 18 months of slave like internship

Yooper, why former RT? You didn't like it? The schooling was pretty brutal for her so I figured she deserves a comfortable ride with a long commute after 18 months of slave like internship

I loved it! I became an EMT first, then a RT and paramedic. I worked nights, holidays, weekends, etc, even many 12 hour shifts on Christmas Day when my kids were little. After many years of that, I got old and tired and went into administration at the same hospital.

I retired after 31 years. But I still fill in, and work in the ED sometimes, in the office sometimes, in the clinic sometimes, and as what I call 'the Wal-Mart greeter' in the front occasionally. I work maybe 75 days a year, and go to South Texas in the winter for about 2 1/2 months to be warm.

I am no longer licensed as a paramedic or RT- I am happy being a peon and out of acute care after that many years!

I loved it! I became an EMT first, then a RT and paramedic. I worked nights, holidays, weekends, etc, even many 12 hour shifts on Christmas Day when my kids were little. After many years of that, I got old and tired and went into administration at the same hospital.

I retired after 31 years. But I still fill in, and work in the ED sometimes, in the office sometimes, in the clinic sometimes, and as what I call 'the Wal-Mart greeter' in the front occasionally. I work maybe 75 days a year, and go to South Texas in the winter for about 2 1/2 months to be warm.

I am no longer licensed as a paramedic or RT- I am happy being a peon and out of acute care after that many years!

A lot of sacrifices are made when working in the medical field. You sure deserve the easy life now. You've earned it. We are empty nesters now so it's a lot easier for us.
Thanks everyone......

A lot of sacrifices are made when working in the medical field. You sure deserve the easy life now. You've earned it. We are empty nesters now so it's a lot easier for us.
Thanks everyone......

The car is awesome. It looks fun to drive, and practical besides.

Last year, I decided that I (also an empty nester) didn't need a practical, four door, fuel efficient, good running car. I bought that when I was responsible and still had one teenager in school.

So I traded it in for a 2014 Jeep Wrangler, since I always wanted one. The ride isn't as good, the gas mileage is about half, there is no trunk (let alone a big one!), etc.

But, I have a JEEP! :ban:
IMG_0214.jpg

IMG_0184.jpg

Latest posts

Back