SWMBO - is Preggers!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just about... The baby's room is ready; carpet shampood, Crib & Changing table built. Got the bassinet built yesterday. Cleaned up my old oak cradle. SWMBO cleaned the spoons, bowls and bottles. Need to pack the hospital bag and install the car seats.

I won't be brewing for a bit; I've got a bunch of cider, old ale, saison, and a Hoegaarten clone ready to drink. Irish Red that needs bottling (might be able to squeeze that in!) I imagine I won't have much time to drink either. But at least with the lapse in brewing I've got enough to tide me over until the baby is on a slept schedule (hopefully)

MY COMPANY EXECS ARE F'n ****** BAGS!!!!

They say they are a family run company with family values. Which is a GD lie. :mad:

1 week and 3 days before SWMBO is to have the baby they lay me off. (They know this and that SWMBO is high risk too.) She doesn't need the stress of me loosing my job right now!

Budgetary reasons they claim. 9 years with the damned place.....

They don't even have the decency to do it in the morning. They waited until I was ready to go home for the evening.... about 5:15.

GD,CS,MF'rs #4!&*^#

I hope they all F'n rot in hell!!!

MY COMPANY EXECS ARE F'n ****** BAGS!!!!

They say they are a family run company with family values. Which is a GD lie. :mad:

1 week and 3 days before SWMBO is to have the baby they lay me off. (They know this and that SWMBO is high risk too.) She doesn't need the stress of me loosing my job right now!

Budgetary reasons they claim. 9 years with the damned place.....

They don't even have the decency to do it in the morning. They waited until I was ready to go home for the evening.... about 5:15.

GD,CS,MF'rs #4!&*^#

I hope they all F'n rot in hell!!!

That F@#Khead Mr. Haught is probably hiding out in some luxurious get a way right now too. You know he ain't takin' a pay cut or gonna lose his job anytime soon. I hate that place! And you're right... family values my ass!! Pete Kuyper is rollin' in his grave I just know it.:mad:

Ouch about losing your job...that's some craptastic timing for you. Same as a friend of mine...he got laid off for the holidays.

I have one word for you: COBRA. If you're about to go into a *known* medical extravaganza, it doesn't matter how much the premiums are...they're still cheaper. Besides, you can sort of feel like you're sticking it to the boss.

Yup on Cobra
Yup on *****ebags.
Yup on Congratulations! Look at it as time that you'll need to take care of her! Postpartum Depression is a *****...and it'll be good that you're home with her.

Hey bro-
Sorry to hear about the recent setback. First off F those D-bags, I know there isn't much you can do in the wake of all this but keep your head up. Your gonna have a lot more than just yourself to think about real soon (should only be a few more months by the date of your OP). Dont do something stupid on account of those A$$holes, they'll get what's comin to them. Just get your resume out there as far as possible and look forward to the days of fatherhood. If you ever finding yourself in the need of a homebrew and your out just send a message my way and I'll do my best to fill your glass.

Best regards,
Dan

Found out today my wife is at about 6 weeks! Crap! Twins! Crap! Just joking I can't wait but will have the big "V" scheduled shortly after birth. I will blame the twins factor on my new hobby I took up in the last year....homebrewing!

New headline...Homebrewing Alcohol=Twins....

Matt

Ouch about losing your job...that's some craptastic timing for you. Same as a friend of mine...he got laid off for the holidays.

I have one word for you: COBRA. If you're about to go into a *known* medical extravaganza, it doesn't matter how much the premiums are...they're still cheaper. Besides, you can sort of feel like you're sticking it to the boss.
Thanks! I 'm on the wife's insurance so we are ok for coverage. What pisses me off is the stress that is caused on my wife about the whole situation. She is high risk.

Hey bro-
Sorry to hear about the recent setback. First off F those D-bags, I know there isn't much you can do in the wake of all this but keep your head up. Your gonna have a lot more than just yourself to think about real soon (should only be a few more months by the date of your OP). Dont do something stupid on account of those A$$holes, they'll get what's comin to them. Just get your resume out there as far as possible and look forward to the days of fatherhood. If you ever finding yourself in the need of a homebrew and your out just send a message my way and I'll do my best to fill your glass.

Best regards,
Dan
Thanks for the advise. F' them d-heads. They announced the after 1/1/09 if they don't have enough volunteers to take a temporary leave of absence they will cut anybody with less than 5 years. Hopefully they get snared in that wave.

**** YA! I'm in.
Who's sending Mr.Sausage a beer?
Awesome. Now I'll need to find time to drink those beers!!! :D

Congrats. It's gotta be a great feeling after trying so long. Sorry to hear about the layoff but you'll get through it. One more reason to breastfeed.

I have to recommend a book. Baby Wise. It's a method for sleep eat wake time scheduling balancing demand feeding, schedule feeding and a loose schedule. Had my son sleeping through the night at 7 weeks old. My brother and sis-in-law used it and also had my neice sleeping through the night vary early. It's a fairly short read also. You guys plan on Breast or formula feeding?

Congrats. It's gotta be a great feeling after trying so long. Sorry to hear about the layoff but you'll get through it. One more reason to breastfeed.

I have to recommend a book. Baby Wise. It's a method for sleep eat wake time scheduling balancing demand feeding, schedule feeding and a loose schedule. Had my son sleeping through the night at 7 weeks old. My brother and sis-in-law used it and also had my neice sleeping through the night vary early. It's a fairly short read also. You guys plan on Breast or formula feeding?

Thanks! SWMBO heard about this book too. We're gonna get this. From the sounds of it the reviews are pretty good. SWMBO plans to breast feed and pump milk. The act itself will help with diabetes and help her get back to her original weight. Thanks again, I want this baby sleeping through the night asap.

Thanks! SWMBO heard about this book too. We're gonna get this. From the sounds of it the reviews are pretty good. SWMBO plans to breast feed and pump milk. The act itself will help with diabetes and help her get back to her original weight. Thanks again, I want this baby sleeping through the night asap.

No babies in the parent's room! Once it starts, you have to lay down the hammer to get it to stop. Babies will sleep through the night if they have to work to get Mommy and Daddy's attention every time. Make it a little difficult (little!) and they'll be conditioned in no time.

Back