SWMBO is going to Haiti

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Displaced MassHole

Reaction score
Please keep her in you thoughts and prayers! She is Hospital Corpsman trained as a Cardio Vascular Technician in the US Navy.

Just got a call from her saying she'll be deploying within a week for an indefinite amount of time. I'm glad she'll be able to help, she's wanted to go down there as soon as it happened, I'm just not so thrilled about being a single parent for the time being.

Thanks in advance everyone out there, if you excuse me I have some more pacing to do.

Take solace in the fact that she's doing something she loves and that benefits many people that really need it. I know you'll have the kids to deal with, but if you need a break I'm down for grabbing a beer whenever!

My prayers are with you and yours.

My closest friend's son (and who's wedding I officiated 3 years ago) is on the carrier Carl Vinson. They've been there since almost the beginning of the recovery effort.

Prayers for a safe return to your family...

Friend of mine is an Army grunt and he was told his tour in Haiti is scheduled for no more than 18 months.

He jumped at the chance to go to Haiti because his other option was back to Iraq for a 3rd tour.

He jumped at the chance to go to Haiti because his other option was back to Iraq for a 3rd tour.

+1, At least she's not getting shot at!
Sounds like it's something she wants to do. I feel for you on the single parent thing though. That'd make me nervous as well, bot to mention not being able to do anything about it when the little one starts crying for mommy. Hope it's a short tour.

Latest posts

Back