SWMBO is a brewer now

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

BigJack

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
After years of helping me with some of mine, the Mrs is brewing her first batch- a big, hoppy red ale inspired by Velvet Hammer. She has done 90% of the work and I've only helped her with a few things. (I did design the recipe for her. She is still a noob.)

This either means she will let me buy more and better brew gear or she will know when I'm fudging on costs of the hobby.

Anyone else married to a fellow brewer?

ZebulonBrewer

Reaction score
My spawn is too young to help effectively (2.5 y/o), and my friends help once and don't return (very sad). My wife is my most consistent brew buddy, and she can read recipes with the best of them. She's picked a few wines out, and she 'picks' every other recipe....sort of. I'm waiting for her to come with me with a recipe.

liquiditynerd

Reaction score
Damn fine situation you have there! No beer for the Mrs. but she gets down with some cider and wine recipes. I still do most of the work but she helps clean up and organize the brewing cabinet. We do an anniversary mead and she helps harvest as well.

Hello

Reaction score
That's awesome! I wouldn't mind having two brewers in the house.

Yooper

Ale's What Cures You!
Staff member
Admin
Mod
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Mine does some of the heavy lifting, but he is really into wine. He makes wine mostly, as well as picks the fruit and things for the wines. He loves making wine, but not brewing.

brick_haus

Reaction score
No brewing for my wife. I tried to get her into the full joy of homebrewing, but she seemed to stall in the drinking phase.

unionrdr

Homebrewer, author & air gun collector
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Before medical problems set in for mine, I was surprised once at tax time when she wanted to go into the LHBS with me. She picked out a kit & I taught her to brew. Took to it like the good cook she is. Sop happy for ya there! It's fun to have that kind of brewing partner! ;):tank: