SWMBO...an amazing creature, indeed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bierliebhaber

Reaction score
SWMBO surprised me today with a hair appointment at a men's grooming establishment. It was crazy cool and relaxing. There were sports on the multiple screens around the shop. I was served complementary beer while I waited. My pint glass was refilled before I went to my haircut. But wait. It didn't stop there. After I paid, I was invited to hang around and enjoy another beer if I liked.

SWMBO earned all sorts of cool points today.

Huh,,,,, Sounds Cool! What would you call an establishment like this..... A Bar...Burr Shop?:eek: (sorry, I should have fought the urge)

Do they do Bikini lines and Back waxing's? I may need to pay them a visit on my way back to the States!

+1 for the SWMBO.... The Generosity of Women never ceases to amaze me!

There's a few Man-icure shops around here that do that. I've never been to one. Being a military town, I never go to a regular barber shop either or i'd wind up with a buzz cut or something else that would pass muster.

I usually wind up at great clips or supercuts.

I go to places like that here around Philly. There are two franchises I go to. One is called Knockouts and the other is called Sport Clips. Knockouts has a hotter staff and uniforms. It's like a Hooters for haircuts. They really take care of you. Good cuts, beer, TVs at each station. Love the hot towel face thing...

aiptasia said:
There's a few Man-icure shops around here that do that. I've never been to one. Being a military town, I never go to a regular barber shop either or i'd wind up with a buzz cut or something else that would pass muster. I usually wind up at great clips or supercuts.

There is a place in Baltimore called quintessential gentleman that has basically a full bar, pool table, and tv's everywhere. Haircuts cost $30 before tip so needless to say I have only gone once.

I got to a place like that ever other week :) Sadly, they are the only people around that know how to cut hair. So, I end up spending more money on my hair than my wife does.
$35 + $10 tip so it gets expensive, but I've had some horrendous haircuts at other "barbers"

I got to a place like that ever other week :) Sadly, they are the only people around that know how to cut hair. So, I end up spending more money on my hair than my wife does.
$35 + $10 tip so it gets expensive, but I've had some horrendous haircuts at other "barbers"

The way I figured it, you get 2-3 pints of craft beer and you also get complementary pint(s) when you go in for a free neck trim between appointments, not to mention the scalp, neck, and hand massage. Not a bad deal really. Being that life is currently rather fast paced and intense, it's nice to go somewhere to slow down and relax.

i suppose it's the least she could seeing as you "obey" her like a spineless shell of a real man.

Insecure much? Obvious ignorance to the general etymology of the acronym.

The one I go to is not as "manly" with the sports playing and such but they do give you some cans of tasty beer from the local brewery Intuition Ale Works.

There was another that I went to in Charleston, SC that was really cool with bourbon pours and cigars.

And yes... It wouldn't even be worth mentioning if... my SWMBO didn't arrange it all.

Now I just need to find one that has local brew on tap!

I wish they had something that nice around here. There is a place here in Coeur d'Alene that is similar in concept, but they fail in execution. They serve only BMC products and I don't find the place to be all that relaxing. It's too much fluorescent lighting, Wal-Mart furniture and tacky male stereotype decor.

I'd happily pay a bit more than $15 for a haircut and a beer if it was a nicer beer, and if it was more like a room designed by GQ instead of High School Sports Weekly.

Going completely away from beer and brewing, but if you want a manly indulgence, get a straight razor shave some day.

The way I figured it, you get 2-3 pints of craft beer and you also get complementary pint(s) when you go in for a free neck trim between appointments, not to mention the scalp, neck, and hand massage. Not a bad deal really. Being that life is currently rather fast paced and intense, it's nice to go somewhere to slow down and relax.

True! My place doesn't do free neck cleanups though, I wish they did. I'm like a borderline Sasquatch on my neck. But, unlike most places they straight razor my neck with hot shaving cream, which is just awesome. Other places just use clippers, which does't even look like I had a haircut.

I grew my hair out to shoulder length, never had it long before...wife hates it.

Maybe if a hottie handed me a few pints and gave me a back massage, I'd get rid of the sasquatch look and become "normal" looking again.

Back