Switched Keg Posts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

troglodytes

Reaction score
I feel like I should put this in the beginners sections because it was such a novice move.

I completely broke down and cleaned my keg before transferring and naturally carbing a saison. I just went and took the dry hops out and realized I was a dunce and when I replaced the posts/poppits/QDs, I completely switched the In & Out. Now, I know the posts are slightly different so you can't put a liquid poppit on a gas post securely, but if I switched the post so the gas post/poppit/QD are all together, just on the other side to the keg labelled "Out", that not really a problem, right?

Sorry for the stupid question, I just don't want to bleed off all the carbonation and switch the dip tubes and everything in I don't need to.

That's true for kegs that have center wells at the bottom. On kegs with side wells I doubt the long dip tube could be fully installed...

Cheers!

Its the one with a center well, I think that's why I switched, because the liquid out dip tube is definitely fully installed. Thanks, I figured it was fine and not worth the risk of switching when already carbed.

Back