sweet success!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaydventer

Reaction score
woohoo!! my 1st 3 batches tastes great!

granted, the first taste of my
s700869594_776303_2729.jpg
real fuzzy ale (coopers real ale kit + 500g LME + 500g dextrose) wasn't even in a proper beer glass but in a crappy old cup while camping
a700869594_927327_5472.jpg

but it tasted GREAT and everyone commented on it! one friend even wanted me to start selling it to him to which i replied "no way!" and he the said "well, that does it, i'm just gonna have to start brewing myself!"

2nd batch is also a real fuzzy ale
s700869594_949501_6209.jpg

3rd batch is a
n700869594_776304_3219.jpg

dead red, basically a kilkenny clone. tasted this one when i was already squinting trying to focus on the movie, so...all i remember is it DID indeed taste good, VERY malty (3kg malt extract, 250g DME, 500g crystal malt...).. but cant remember if it tasted like kilkenny.. anyhow, i've decided i'll have to invest in a water purifyer to get that smooooth, soft taste kilkenny has. i think we have alot of chemicals in our tap water! but at work where we filter the water it actually taste "softer"..

i'm sooooo very happy my beer came out tasting great and cant wait to order some more ingredients. gonna try some more coopers kits, bit will also do some experimentation with seperate ingredients.

cool.

happy brewing everyone!!

Latest posts

Back