Sweet long pipettes....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smokinghole

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I finally found a place that sold them in small enough quantities for a reasonable price. They are awesome for taking a quick refrac reading during fermentation. No more tilting the fermentor or half sticking my arm in the 10g keg I use for primary.

http://www.labdepotinc.com/Product_Details~id~610~pid~50165.aspx

I got the 12" at 100ct in a box.

Here's a pic for reference to the refrac and standard disposable pipette.

DSCN1663.jpg

Plus just to brag my wife got me this for Christmas! Makes the 2L flask seem tiny eh?

DSCN1648.jpg

Nice find on the pipettes.....cheap enough to make them disposable. That is a mega flask.....how does it fit on your stirplate? My 2k is pretty stable but I would think there would be a lot of hangover on the 5k. Maybe some kind of larger platform over the stirplate.....

That looks like my brewroom (spare bathroom). Mine has been cleaned well and the toilet only gets used for water disposal (not the bladder kind).

I was just in there to fill the flasks off the tub faucet...the sinks faucets don't fit a 5L flask. I do occasionally use that bathroom because it's in the guest room upstairs and it doesn't get used. Typically it's just on the shelf in the closet with my fermentors though.

If I sent you a self-addressed stamped-envleope and 2 bucks, would you pop 4 of those in the envelope and toss it in the mail? I need a few pipettes but not a zillion. PM me if you wish. N_G

Back