Suwanee Craft Beer Fest

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ABarritt

Reaction score
Hey I was just wondering if anyone in the metro Atlanta area will be attending the Suwanee Craft Beer Fest, or entering the competition? I'll be entering two beers, it'll be my first comp, wondering if anyone else is getting down tuis year???

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I didn't have any specific plans to, not yet... Peach State Brew-Off is one week after that, and I was planning on entering something there, but I don't see any reason I can't enter something at SCBF as well, I guess. I do know that the organizers of the PSBO are in something of a lather over the timing of the two events, but they've been too busy worrying about the mess created by HB99 and the various county ordinances that followed to really get too upset about that.

(As I understand the matter, House Bill 99 for 2013-14 is a Georgia state law regulating homebrewed beer, and was meant to relax some of the restrictions of the previous law. Unfortunately, it now specifies in unnecessary detail what qualifies as a homebrewing competition, in a way that makes what had been a simple matter a lot more complicated. Worse, it was worded in a way that left the real decision power with the county commissioners, which had the overall effect that, until the individual counties could pass their own legislation on the subject, none of the dozen or more different competitions in the state would be legal. Not surprisingly, the county governments have had more important legal issues to resolved, and generally have taken their own sweet time getting to the matter. Those which have addressed the question have mostly made a bad situation worse by issuing contradictory, restrictive or simply nonsensical regulations that have left everyone confused as to what is legal, and where.)

WOW !!

As I understand the matter, House Bill 99 for 2013-14 is a Georgia state law regulating homebrewed beer, and was meant to relax some of the restrictions of the previous law. Unfortunately, it now specifies in unnecessary detail.....

That almost makes it seem like politicians are incompetent people who could not hold down a real job if they had to ;)

Yeah... the City of Suwanee DID pass an ordinance where the event organizer can get a permit... If you want to enter see here:
http://www.brewmastersopen.com/

I'll be there... it's in my yard. :D Game plan is to get in a noon with the VIP tickets and do beer shots for 60minutes before the 2,000 other people enter.

Back