Surprise

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

05wrangler

Reaction score
Went over to my brothers house where our last batch of 100+ IBU double IPA is in primary fermentation. Went down to check on it and found this lol ImageUploadedByHome Brew1396225965.434565.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Yep. That's why you need a blowoff tube sometimes. Is that an empty milk jug your are fermenting in?

This is an odd fermentation vessel. Is that just a straight milk jug and what is happening with what looks like a tube with a clip?

No it's fermenting in a class carboy, the tube come off the bung into the jug that had water in it. The end is a racking cane with the clip to hold it down. All the foam is being pushed from the fermenter to the jug. Here is the pic of the carboy the after we transferred it from the pot ImageUploadedByHome Brew1396311279.733924.jpg

Happens to me more than once. Especially the last time I used burton yeast. Actually lost a half a gallon that time so much crap came out

It's not a blow off for the blow off.... It's one blow off

I think he was being funny in that, your blow off tube and container overfilled thus leading someone to remark that a blow off needs a blow off. :)

Back