Supporters/v5.5 Bru'n Water question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pursuit0fhoppiness

GTA Brews club member, pharma technologist
Reaction score
Hey all (I hope @mabrungard sees this too!), I just got the supporters' version of Bru'n Water since I'm putting some serious thought into soft water for a czech pils. I plan to get the mash Ca to 40ppm, but then not use any salts in the sparge water to dilute it back down. My question is, is there a way to delete the sparge salt addition so the final water profile shows the dilution effect compared to the mashing water profile? In the non-supporters' version you can just delete the # of grams from the sparge water, but that version doesn't have the final water profile, just the mash profile. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Seems like the "Add sparging water mineral additions to the mash" button might do what you are looking for.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-04-04 120823.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-04-04 120823.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 21
  • Screenshot 2021-04-04 120742.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-04-04 120742.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 20
Ah yes that's exactly what I was looking for, don't know how I missed that button. Thanks a lot!

I guess I still don't know my final water hardness, as on the Summary page it only shows Hardness of the mashing water, but oh well, I know it'll be lower than that.

Back