Super Colonna Capper

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snuffy

Reaction score
Anybody use one of these Italian made cappers?
1614351271680.jpeg

It was a gift from someone who got it in a box of stuff purchased at an estate sale. Works fine for standard caps. Kind of a pain hunting the right slot if you have to swap bottle sizes. it came originally with inserts for larger caps and corks. Those are lost now. I would really like to find the larger cap insert. No luck so far.

I have one and ended up getting a different type. I needed to crimp twice as there would be spines(crimps?) that would stand proud if I did not do it twice. I would turn the cap a quarter turn between presses. I can't say for sure it did not seal but I questioned how well it actually sealed because of it.

I tried looking for replacement bells but did not have any luck.

Anybody use one of these Italian made cappers?
View attachment 720086
It was a gift from someone who got it in a box of stuff purchased at an estate sale. Works fine for standard caps. Kind of a pain hunting the right slot if you have to swap bottle sizes. it came originally with inserts for larger caps and corks. Those are lost now. I would really like to find the larger cap insert. No luck so far.
I have the large bell. It may need a littLe cleaning up. I’ll check it tomorrow and pm you.

That would rock. I have some bottles I got at a craft brewery called Ferrus. Excellent saison. They look like champagne bottles but come capped with these oversized caps. I have sifted my world looking for that large cap attachment. I guess it and the corker got tossed somewhere during a move or something.

Yes I bought one primarily to be able to cap 29mm bottles (my wing capper isn't adjustable) and the odd corking. It is a pain to reset the plate if you have multiple sizes of bottles so it's best to either pick one size or at least arrange your bottles so you have to move it as few times as possible.

Yes I bought one primarily to be able to cap 29mm bottles (my wing capper isn't adjustable) and the odd corking. It is a pain to reset the plate if you have multiple sizes of bottles so it's best to either pick one size or at least arrange your bottles so you have to move it as few times as possible.
Every time I use it I swear I’m going to mark the slots for different bottle sizes and then I never do. I end up standing the bottle on the plate with a cap balanced on top and hunting the slot. It tends to hang onto the bottle once it’s capped too so you gotta hold it down while it releases or you’ll slam it on the plate when you pull it loose once it lifts the bottle. I’m used to it now tho. If I can find that big cap insert I’m set.

Back