Super Bowl Variety

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gonzoflick

Reaction score
So I'm going to be supplying 4 kegs to a super bowl party for the second year in a row. Last year was great, I had 4 full kegs blown by then end of the party!. I had

1 Apfelwine
2 Kolsch
3 Pale Ale
4 Belgian Double

This year I am a little pressed on time as I havent had the funds to brew until now. I still want 4 varieties, and this year I'm thinking about skipping out of the apfelwine (unless it comes down to it and I've nothing else ready).

My question is. With 2 months until super bowl, what CAN i brew that will be good by then from grain to keg/glass.

I am starting a simple Pale Ale tonight so I can cross that one off. But as far as the others, I was thinking a Wheat, an Oktoberfest, and another Kolsch.
Any other suggestions?

With 2 months until super bowl, what CAN i brew that will be good by then from grain to keg/glass.

Heh. At 5 weeks old, I think my AHS Schwarzbier is pretty awesome. :cross:

Bitters are ok, but I'd consider a Scottish ale first.

In under 2 months, you still have a bunch of options, really anything under 1.070 that doesn't have a lot of adjucts will be fine if you pitch the proper amount of yeast and treat it right.

1) I would suggest Ed's O'fast ale. It was a huge hit at my Oktoberfest this year and I went grain to glass in 7 weeks.

2) An American wheat would probably go over well. I just brewed up a Goose Island 312/Capitol Island Wheat:ish clone.

3) A dry stout would be good.

4) An original bitter or an APA.

A scottish 70/- would be great, as would a Ordinary or Special bitter. My Highlander 70/- was ready grain-to glass in 5 weeks, and that includes bottle carbing.

Back