Super Bowl (Brew) Day... whatcha brewing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

Got Trub?

Reaction score
Brewing a Porter tomorrow. Will be drinking on SB sunday. I never drink and brew, I screw things up enough without alcohol on board :cross:

GT

Eves

Reaction score
I'll be brewing up an AHS Belgian White in the morning. I might whip up a batch of apfelwein too. And then if things aren't going well for the Cards I might start up a batch of AHS Oatmeal Stout Ale to get my mind off the game.

TimSTi

Reaction score
Ill be building my MLT and then brewing my first AG. Can't wait. Brewing the cream of 3 crops ale for a family ski trip with a bunch of BMCers.

beersydoesit

Reaction score
Oktoberfest on Sat. and Alt on Sun. Can't have empty equipment can we?
The game doesn't start 'til 6 or so.
Plenty of time.

Rubberband

Reaction score
Newbie checking in with an AHS Red Ale classic kit and EdWort's Apfelwein. A busy weekend for me, will be the third brewday for all time.:rockin:

I don't have much to drink as the first batch was so good it is gone and the second batch is bottle conditioning. Luckily, I have 12 Bells Two Heart Ales to drink and root for the Cards (not to hard though, my heart still belongs to the Cowboys)

IowaHarry

Reaction score
I will be brewing a belgian wit kit from Midwest on sunday.

What's this about a game? What game? Can I play?

(The last SB I watched had the vikings playing the chiefs, name that one sports fans)

impatient

Reaction score
I am brewing right now. This way I can sit on my ass tomorrow.

Here it is. I just made it up. It matches an IPA style.

10lbs Munich Briess Malt
3lbs Wheat Malt
3oz Cascade(8.7%) 60 minutes

I mashed in at 152 for an hour then fly sparged at 170 at a rate of 2 quarts a minute (I couldn't get it to stay running any slower than that).

It is still boiling at the moment, so, I don't know my OG. Should be around 1.070.

This is somewhat of a big beer to help balance out the hoppiness. It will still register in extremely hoppy which is what I am looking for.

ArcaneXor

Reaction score
Unfortunately nothing, because my order is stuck in a UPS warehouse for the weekend. I had hoped to brew a nice Witbier with chamomile and juniper berries, but I'll have to postpone that until next week (probably Wednesday).

Coastarine

We get it, you hate BMC.
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
What a day for brewing! 63 and sunny! I'm just rockin out to 311 and surfin HBT for the first half (45min) of the boil. No hops till then.

CGengo

Reaction score
Just finished a mini-mash oatmeal stout a couple hours ago - couldn't have asked for nicer day to do it. If tomorrow's weather is as nice as today's then it'll be a great day for football.

dontman

Reaction score
I brewed up a batch of Belgian Pale today. The occasion is not the Superbowl though. I am brewing to fill the 6 new kegs that I have coming my way.

Bravo11

Reaction score
Yellow Dog Pale Ale from The Home Brewery. I've heard good reviews and thought I'd give it a try. Trying to reduce my total cycle time for an extract brew session.

BlackDogBrewing

Reaction score
I'm doing a spiced winter ale/Scottish ale from Northern. I like brewing when there's snow on the ground, i bring buckets of snow in to cool the wort quickly in the kitchen sink.

Hegh

Reaction score
I did brew the Cumbrian Double Brown Ale like I said I would. Went very smoothly, too, except that my experiment at aeration didn't work as well as I'd hoped. No harm, though, and I know I aerated well, so no worries.

gmds123

Reaction score
Did my first pm yesterday! Did the midwest cal. steam. It's happily bubbling away right now.

I live and work a couple miles from where the Cards play.......... had to do it yesterday. Couldn't miss that game! They fell a bit short but what a game! The Cards rocked us this year....... great season!

:rockin:

SuDZ27

Reaction score
I gave my first time brewing a shot Saturday. I hope everything came out fine. I have it in the primary now and the airlock is bubbling away now. I will let it sit for a while and see what happens. It was a Red Ale from Brewers Best.

SuDZ27

Coastarine

We get it, you hate BMC.
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I gave my first time brewing a shot Saturday. I hope everything came out fine. I have it in the primary now and the airlock is bubbling away now. I will let it sit for a while and see what happens. It was a Red Ale from Brewers Best.

SuDZ27
That was my first ever too! I loved that one. I still brew variations on that recipe and it is the only recipe I have ever repeated.

HoppyDaze

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Made a Blue Heron IPA clone on Saturday before the Penn/St. Pierre fight...then drank a lot of homebrew during the super bowl. great game btw!

SuDZ27

Reaction score
That was my first ever too! I loved that one. I still brew variations on that recipe and it is the only recipe I have ever repeated.
Glad to hear that. I am hoping that all goes well and in a few weeks I can move on to the next stage. It was fun to do so hopefully the outcome is good and motivates me to do it again!

SuDZ27