Super Bowl (Brew) Day... whatcha brewing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Runyanka

Reaction score
Well I decided that since my beloved cowboys arent anywhere near the smell of the super bowl I would brew up some beer. I will be doing a Double American Pale Ale. Whats on your list? :rockin:

Pre super bowl (Sat) doing BierMunhcers Blonde with hops from secret santa at work. Will also be first brew wiuth my new (to me) 15g polarware kettle.

theres no way Im missing the game to brew

Go Cards!

NFC_Championship_198.JPG

If I find the time, the Cumbrian Double Brown Ale from Northern Brewer. If not... well, I'm not a football fan, and I don't have cable, so I really don't know :p

Brewing the Sat before... Having a brew party as there are two Kegs on tap ready to go..... FINALY.

Sat is a Clone of Mac&Jack (PNW). Hope it comes out good:D

I opted not to pay for the CBS NBC ABC or FOX channels on DTV... I don't watch them much and they charge too much for East and West Coast feeds.

I'll probably relax after a sat of brewing and drinking with friends...:drunk::mug:

AHS Pilser Urquell clone. Bottling/Drinking AHS Saaz Pale Ale.

Go Cards!!

Brewing this weekend is unlikely- too many commitments and too little time!

Next weekend is another matter entirely! I'm trying to prioritize what I want to brew next, trying to choose between a wit, Flanders Red and old ale.

I know. My life is tough.

Brewing this weekend is unlikely- too many commitments and too little time!

Next weekend is another matter entirely! I'm trying to prioritize what I want to brew next, trying to choose between a wit, Flanders Red and old ale.

I know. My life is tough.
Yeah, yeah, yeah, rub it in.

No brewing this weekend, but will be doing Yoop's Dead Guy clone at some point next week. :rockin:

I'm getting all my brewing done before Sunday. No way does brewing win over NFL football.

GO CARDINALS!

Yeah, yeah, yeah, rub it in.

No brewing this weekend, but will be doing Yoop's Dead Guy clone at some point next week. :rockin:

Nice, Ed! Glad you're not suffering through another three months between brew days!

EDIT: I think I'm going to do BierMuncher's wit that he just posted about; need to head over to the LHBS for a couple pounds of flaked wheat to finish up the grain bill.

Nice, Ed! Glad you're not suffering through another three months between brew days!
It's a miracle, I tell ya. Unfortunately, I just got word that I will be making the rest of the hoops trips this season, which will limit my time. Next week's brew probably will be my last until spring.

Brewing and aging done. Taste testing with friends. Nice smooth nut brown ale, IPA with Crystal hops, and a California common from a kit. Go Cards!

It's a miracle, I tell ya. Unfortunately, I just got word that I will be making the rest of the hoops trips this season, which will limit my time. Next week's brew probably will be my last until spring.

My standing invite still applies; let me know if you'll be somewhat nearby and I'll organize a meet n' greet. I know you said something about Philly before- Monk's Cafe is a mandatory stop.

My hopped amber ale should be done conditioning, and what better way to celebrate than to brew more beer! Therefore, I will get up at the butt ass crack of dawn, get the kettle a boilin, and make me some double pale ale. That way, I will be nice and satisfied while watching the game. No feeling is better than a brew day gone perfect!!! :rockin:

Since there is zero interest in the SB here I'm brewing A West Coast Blaster. The game will be on but only to see if my 1 and 5 hit LOL

The game starts at 8:30am Monday here in Tokyo. I was planning to take the day off to get this small piece of Americana and brew a beer.

From Radical Brewing, the Oatmeal Cookie Ale is what I was thinking of.

Going out with a friend to work our dogs in tracking so no brewing here. No SB either though:) Plus I don't yet have a free primary:) Sometime next week though I should be doing another hefe to compare with the one that is in primary right now, and a APA.

I care not for the superbowl so I'm also going to brew it up. I plan on a 11g batch of my brown ale, with a little tweak to the recipe. I'm going to mash at 156F and add a bit of Speical B. I'm going for a really malty, sweet brown ale...and who knows, if I overdo this time it will probably make a good base for a spiced holiday ale. Either way, I'm brewin with my new march pump, burner, and 3 kegs to keep me company :D.

I'll be brewing the Northern Brewer barleywine extract kit Sunday morning, and I will be hosting a Super Bowl gathering for the game. I can't wait to see what kind of beer my beer geek friends bring over! :mug:

I stocked up at the beer store yesterday. Seeing how my first batch is still in progress, I have no homebrew to share.

Need another 20ish bottles to be able to bottle my Apfelwein and have a carboy available. Therefore, I'll be taking down a couple of cases of beers this weekend, already told the GF this would be a "staying in weekend."

After that, brewing a dry stout on Sunday.

Need another 20ish bottles to be able to bottle my Apfelwein and have a carboy available. Therefore, I'll be taking down a couple of cases of beers this weekend, already told the GF this would be a "staying in weekend."

After that, brewing a dry stout on Sunday.

That a boy!!!

On Sunday, I'm brewing an IPA. Then playing hockey at 2:30, then watching the Superbowl. I've already made the pickled eggs and we're having venison summer sausage and beer. Should be a great day!

Did my brewing last weekend, heading to AZ tomorrow to visit family and start rubbing it in early. Grew up in AZ and no one liked the Cards there till this year...all aboard the bandwagon!!! Choo choo!!!

No way would I miss the game (go Steelers) but on Saturday I'm brewing ed's Oktoberfest Ale with a little extra kick to it because I already mixed the grain, but my efficiency went up because I got a crusher. Should come in at about 7.2%:cross:

I don't know what you would call it.

10lbs Munich Briess
3lbs Wheat Malt
3oz Cascade(8.7%) - 60 minutes

Maybe an IPA?

I brewed last weekend so super-bowl sunday will be wide open for commercial watching with a tasty home-brew in hand although I have been considering starting a mead so you never know especially since my secondaries are wide open and ready for something...

Back