Super Awesome Homebrew Shop

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SouthBay

Reaction score
I just needed to give a shout out to Main Street Homebrew in Portland for being frickin awesome. Their prices, even after shipping costs, hands down beat my lhbs.

Great prices, lightning fast shipping, and awesome customer service.

I got recommended to them by another brewer (they're like 2 hours away from me). After getting impatient for someone to make the drive down there, I just decided to order a 50lb sack of Pale Ale Malt, 10lbs Munich, and some assorted specialty grains for my next brew - all yesterday. Not only did it ship out this morning, but thats even after i d1cked up the order form! The main dude there emailed me about it by like 10am this morning, got it fixed, and STILL sent it out today (and thats after filling some big order for Widmer!)!

Anyways, i had to post about it. Check them out sometime - but only if you want good service and a great price.

They are awesome. I have ordered from them online too. I stopped by there last summer when I was down that way and picked up 3 cornies for a hundred bucks.

I pretty new to brewing and had never heard of Main Street Homebrew. I'll have to check them out, thanks. If you're in Portland proper you should check out Portland U-Brew. They have been the absolute best for me. I live five minuets away from another HBS, but drive the extra to go to U-brew. They even have an attached pub!:D

I was impressed with them too. There are a few guys from the seaside/ Astoria area that drive up there for stuff. Are they still called main street or is it main brew since they moved out to 26?

I'm going to have to stop in there in person when i come visit the beer festival this summer.

They even have a newsletter and post twitter stuff! I'm very impressed. Their website needs a little updating, but otherwise, these guys are one of the better shops i've come across in the Pac NW

Back