Sunday Morning

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dry hopped, er excuse me, cold hopped my current batch this morning then disassembled, cleaned and sanitized my new to me used corny keg to accept that batch in about a working week or so. Now it's on to football or maybe a little baseball.

Put together another video & wife sent out for some lunch. Watched the two German bier guys with the HeliYUM spoof again. Funny stuff...

Still sounds like Mickey & Donald getting snockered...

Last edited by a moderator:
Once again Sunday morning has come around. It is dawning cool and damp, with overcast skies.

Bow season opened yesterday morning, but it just doesn't seem like hunting season this early in the fall. Besides there is too much to get done before the snow flies to be concerned with hunting this early, but it is nice to have the option.

We had a new propane tank installed this week and still need to back fill the trench that the gas line is run in. A few minutes on the tractor should get that job done in no time. Cleaning up the stone brought to the surface by the excavation, however will surely be a task that will consume most of the morning.

The afternoon hours will likely be spent watching the Bills get their a$$ handed to them by the Patriots. Some beer will be consumed and hopefully my daughter will show up with the grand son.

Well, first the chickens and ducks need to be fed. I need to be fed. Corn and garden scraps for the poultry and eggs, bacon, home fries, toast and coffee for me.

Hope everyone enjoys their Sunday.

:mug:

@Kirkwooder, sounds like you've got your work cut out today! I managed to sleep in a bit, woke up to pancakes and bacon waiting for me, and enjoying some coffee. Have a couple household chores today...a couple pictures to hang. My 18 mo old son is recovering from the flu, so my gang is resigned to a pretty uneventful Sunday. Weather's beautiful in DFW, so some backyard activities with my 4 yr old are probably in order. Otherwise, football and beer are at the top of my agenda today. Cheers, and enjoy your Sunday, everyone!

This Sunday is starting cool and damp once again. There is a fall foliage festival down town today. We have family coming to have dinner and a few brews.

First though, there are a few chores that need finishing! I better get at it.

Life is good.

I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday!

Woke up early to get a Boston Butt on the smoker. Gonna let it go slow for about 10 hours. Friends coming over for Sunday night football. Means house cleaning and baby watching until then. First I've got to bottle a batch I've been neglecting for a week or so.

Sunday morning, the keggerator is stocked, the fermenters are full(just dryhopped one) so nuthin brew related to do today except pour one or two later. The wife and I are volunteer dog walkers at the local rescue center so walking dogs is our Sunday morning plan.

Working again this morning, not bad tho, nice & quiet. It's been raining for the last 4 hrs & will likely still be raining when I get off work this morning; good thing I brought an umbrella for the walk home.

I hope all this rain is falling as snow at higher elevations, it would certainly help ski season to get off to a good start this year. After work it's laundry & sleep for me. Hope everybody has a great Sunday!
Regards, GF.

Long time since I have checked in. Since last post the wife delivered 3 beautiful boys into this world to join their 2 year old big Sister. By doing so, has successfully sucked out every last free minute of my life for the next few decades.
Along with that, to further confuse my bodies internal clock, I have swapped shifts 3 times so that I can help support in the onslaught that is feedings, burpings, changings, cleaning bottles, doing laundry, giving baths..... I think you get the idea. I now am working a 4 day shift Sun-Wed 6-6, should be fun. No doubt, easier and less stressful here than it is at home, my wife continues to be my hero.
Anyway, I hope all is well here in HBT world and have a beer for me out there.

Today's an empty slate.... hmmm, I do have an empty fermenter and a bag of grain!

It started snowing about 09:00 yesterday & hasn't stopped. Had to shovel my way out of the driveway last night & will have to shovel my way back in after work this morning. There's about 7 inches of snow out there & it's getting deeper slowly but surely.

After working all night & shoveling snow twice, I'll have a little Christmas time of opening a couple of presents, enjoy a mug of hot, buttered rum & a couple of cookies, make a few phone calls & hopefully be in bed asleep before noon.
I hope everyone has a great Sunday & an awesome Christmas!
Regards, GF. :)

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewG5xsNz5No[/ame]

Woke up by a 7:00 a.m. thunderstorm on Christmas Day in Eastern Nebraska! First time since 1949. What a great way to start a Christmas (I love Thunderstorms). Just glad it wasn't snow. We got something like 4" of rain in the last hour or two, that would have been a shovel load of snow.

Looking forward to brewing a Milk Stout tomorrow or Tuesday. Ingredients all ready to go and a harvested yeast S-04 starter going on the stir plate. Should be a good week off of work.

Merry Christmas!

Hey gang! It's been awhile, but Santa left me some goodies this year. With a half ham baked yesterday, stuffed 23lb turkey in the oven, we opened some gifts. Got these for the man cave-Tipton Gun Butler & Plano two scoped-gun carrying case for range days. Even got a microwave of my own!
IMG_0264.jpg

IMG_0266.jpg

In other good news, went to Dr on Friday & got results of ultrasound/ pressure tests. Two large, old blood clots in my left thigh finally dissolved! Left leg feels a lil better. Get sores on leg healed & it'll finally be hip surgery time.
Hope y'all having a Merry Christmas! :tank:

Working again today, so no NYE celebrations for me. I put some nuts out for the squirrels & will spend what's left of my day doing laundry, making supper & getting ready for the arctic blast that's heading our way. I hope 2017 is better than 2016. Happy New Year HBT!
Regards, GF.

Good Sunday morning everyone. It's been months since I've posted in this thread but as I have two IPA's bubbling away, I feel compelled to do so again.

It's a calm, but cold 20*F here in western New York's Finger Lake region. The day is forecasted to be a cool but pleasantly sunny one.

I have a busy day planned today. I still have some clean up from this weeks brewing session that needs attention. Once that is done I need to put a muffler on my truck. It's getting so loud that even I don't care to ride in it. Before I can do that the shop needs to be organized and cleaned. I also need to get some fire wood brought into the basement to feed the monster whose hot breath heats our house. (what we tell our grand son). I have some friends and family coming over this afternoon, with their beagles, to run some rabbits. There will need to be some kind of food and drink prepared for the crew. I have a gutter that is sagging on the back side of the house that should be rehung. I need to get some out side clean up done as well. With two dogs of my own it is a never ending job.

But first there must be breakfast. Sausage gravy and biscuits with a couple over easy eggs sounds pretty good this morning. I'll have to see what my lovely wife wants.

I hope everyone enjoys what ever their Sunday morning brings.

Good Sunday morning everyone. It's been months since I've posted in this thread but as I have two IPA's bubbling away, I feel compelled to do so again.

It's a calm, but cold 20*F here in western New York's Finger Lake region. The day is forecasted to be a cool but pleasantly sunny one.

I have a busy day planned today. I still have some clean up from this weeks brewing session that needs attention. Once that is done I need to put a muffler on my truck. It's getting so loud that even I don't care to ride in it. Before I can do that the shop needs to be organized and cleaned. I also need to get some fire wood brought into the basement to feed the monster whose hot breath heats our house. (what we tell our grand son). I have some friends and family coming over this afternoon, with their beagles, to run some rabbits. There will need to be some kind of food and drink prepared for the crew. I have a gutter that is sagging on the back side of the house that should be rehung. I need to get some out side clean up done as well. With two dogs of my own it is a never ending job.

But first there must be breakfast. Sausage gravy and biscuits with a couple over easy eggs sounds pretty good this morning. I'll have to see what my lovely wife wants.

I hope everyone enjoys what ever their Sunday morning brings.

That's a busy day!

Well, by now it is Sunday night. Made Sunday brunch, an omelet with onion, sweet peppers, sliced kielbasa, and cheese toasted homemade sourdough, after getting a dose of political news of the week. Went to the gym about an hour later. A good quite day. I hope yours was as well.

Working again today, We got about 5 more inches of snow yesterday & now we're getting freezing rain, there's a glaze of ice over everything; glad I put my tire chains on before the snow fell. After work I'll be doing laundry & making supper whilst consuming a bit of cider & listening to some music. I hope everyone has a great Sunday!
Regards, GF.

Still working on my Keezer... will maybe go to church, if wife gets up. Looks rainy today. super bowl sunday... not a huge fan of either team... but hey it is the super bowl...have to go up and feed the dogs and get some bf...

Super Bowl Sunday.....or as we call it in Wisconsin, Sunday:)
I'm up at the a$$ crack of dawn because my dogs decided they wanted to go outside. Then it's final preps for the food we made for the SB party. Our favorite local hangout closes for SB Sunday and a group of the 'regulars' come to watch the game. 32 taps of some great craft beer and several of us regulars are homebrewers so we always bring some to share. Now if my pool numbers hit..........

It's well passed morning, but the wife and I spent last night in Buffalo, where we went to the Sabre's game, had dinner, and some good craft beer. Then spent the night in nice hotel. It was a very enjoyable night and we are just getting home. Planning on a simple dinner of wings and other "game day" food. We will likely watch the game just for the commercials this evening.

I hope everyone enjoys their Sunday!

All done with brunch, and I have a batch of sourdough starting... Off to the gym now. Burning a few extra calories before the super bowl eats and drinks. Enjoy!

Working again today. Still trying to beat this nasty head cold that my coworkers decided to share. After work it'll be laundry, supper & an early bedtime for me. I lead such an exciting life, don't I?
I hope everyone has a nice Sunday!
Regards, GF.

Finally over 2+ weeks of being sick. Got an "americanized" pilsner brewed yesterday, and a more traditional German Pils on deck for today, as well as some bottles to fill. Nice to be brewing again after 3 weeks off.

Watching CBS Sunday Morning, it's always a good show, has been for over 25 years. After work, finishing up the laundry, starting my habenero peppers inside, cooking & eating supper, enjoying the last of my spontaneously fermented scrumpy cider & in bed by 13:00 (I work nights). It's been a quiet night, hopefully it'll be a quiet day too.
I hope everyone has a great Sunday!
Regards, GF.

Coffee, then watching yesterday's 8" of snow melt under sunny skies. Listening to some Gillian Welch right now.

Drizzly day, so maybe I will finally bottle up the cherry cyser that's been bulk aging, so I can move the Amarillo pale ale to the bench, to make room in the ferm chamber for the 2hearted we'll be brewing tomorrow....

Got a bunch of seeds starting in the basement, flowers and veggies, and starting to work the cleanup on the flower beds. Garlic mustard jihad is started and will continue until the fawns are born...

Always love the opporutnity to brew for other people - escpecially when my limited repertoire matches their particular taste

Brewed a batch for my daughter's coach. A solid IPA. Will do quite well I think. Based on the types of IPA's she drinks, it should be a nice match
11.5 lb 2-row
1 lb Munich (7.1 SRM)
.5 lb Carastan
.25 lb 60 L
.187 Acidulated
60 and 20 min additions of Columbus
f/o Cascade and Amarillo

20 min hop stand @ 160°F Amarillo, Chinook, Cascade

dryhop will be same as hop stand

should come out at about 6.5% ABV and 56 beersmith IBU's

OG of 1.063 hit spot on and yeast is going at it nicely - quite fast actually. Pitched at 3:00 and it is already going strong. I anticipate a very good batch

It's a chilly 27*F this morning, working right now, but I'll be grillin' & chillin' after work, doing a couple loads of laundry, starting my habenero peppers (inside) & enjoying Payette Brewing's Vienna lager; should go well with smoked pork chops. I hope everyone has a good, quiet & peaceful Sunday.
Regards, GF.

Happy Easter to all.

We started the day with eggs, sausage, home fries and toast. Later this afternoon we will be having dinner with our kids and only grandchild. There will be eggs hidden and found, a few beers consumed, ham and tatters eaten,stories told and retold, and a good time had by all.

Peace to all, and again Happy Easter.

Working again this morning. A cloudy day here in MT, only 35*F this morning. After work it'll be laundry, calling my Mom & cooking supper whilst enjoying a few brews. Should be nice & quiet today, considering all those kids sleeping off yesterdays graduation festivities.
Happy Mother's Day to all you Moms out there! Hope everyone has a great Sunday!
Regards, GF.

Working again today. Should be a nice day, after work it'll be laundry, watering the lawn and maybe a little grillin' & chillin,' if I'm not too tired. CBS Sunday Morning looks like a good one this week, they've got an interview with Gregg Allman coming up. Right now it's a piece on "The Lost Platoon" for Memorial Day. Hope everyone has a great Sunday!
Regards, GF.

Good Sunday morning HBT! Here it is, June 11th & it's currently 33*F. I planted some Nasturtiums Friday, hope they survive. Working at the moment, off in about an hour. After work it'll be finishing up the laundry & cooking supper whilst enjoying a few pints of cider.
I hope everyone has a great Sunday!
Regards, GF.

This is the first Sunday Morning that I've had free away from work in 2.5 years... and due to a schedule change, I'll not work a Sunday for the foreseeable future....

:p

Back