Summit Kegerator Conversion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone ever converted a standard Summit FF7 into a tower kegerator before? I want to install it under my bar, but am nervous about drilling through a condenser line or something else important. If so, where should I drill?

I know that Summit makes a kegerator, but I was looking to get it done for closer to $750 (fridge & kegerator conversion kit) instead of $1,500 or the kegerator.

Any thoughts?

I'm also open to any suggestions for another brand/setup that can give me a clean and professional look

Call summit.I have a silver King commercial fridge and everything is in the back wall.I thought summit was a commercial fridge,maybe its the same.Not much help LOL You can always do the baking soda test to find the lines.Probably in the sticky on how to do it.

Danby is the typical fridge that is converted to a kegerator. Great results. Only $150 new. Tons of tutorials and how-tos about where to drill through the top.

You want a front breathing fridge if your building it in.The height of bar will determine the fridge you can use.I used standard kitchen cabinet with a granite top and needed an under counter fridge.

The venting out the front is the reason that I was looking at the Summit FF7. I think that I'll pull the trigger on it and see if I can figure out how to drill the top without hitting a condenser line. Stay tuned.

In the mean time, if anyone has already done this, I'm all ears on suggestions.

Again,Its been awhile but you need to mix baking soda and rubbing alcohol in a bowl ???Double check that.If the fridge has a removable plastic top remove it first.Turn on the fridge, let it run for a bit.Spread the mix over the entire top of fridge.Wait a while and the lines will magically appear.Drill in between lines.I would NOT be drilling without doing it. Drill a 3"hole.OR like I said call summit,all lines might be on the back wall,then your golden

If the fridge has a compressor hump in the back youll never get a commercial keg in there,Not that youd want to.But if you think it might be an option down the line double check that.

Drudging up an old thread here, but I was looking at this same model for an undercounter conversion so I'm wondering if you did yours and if so, how did it work out?

Back